i have this assignment and i need someone to answer them in your words and get the answer for the power points
1. Briefly describe (in sentence form) the various parts of the spinal cord and Summarize the functions of these general areas.
2. How would superficial damage to the left, anterior spinal cord likely impact physiological function of the affected individual?
3.Compare and contrast tonic and phasic receptors, use an example of each to support your answer.
4. Propose a mechanism for Painorphin (a new synthetic opiate). It has been found to have analgesic propeties and the receptors it binds to have been localized to the dorsal horn of the gray matter of the spinal cord on axon terminals of pseudounipolar neurons.
5. In your OWN Words, describe the steps involved in phototransduction in rod cells. Start with a photon of light and end with an action potential in the optic nerve.
6. Explain what YOU would expect to happen if a drug which blocked the cation channel in the photoreceptive cells was applied to the left eye.
7. Legend: (+) excitatory synapse, (-) inhibitory synapse, Blue Cell (sensory), Green Cells (interneurons), Red / Orange Cells (motor neurons) red neuron motor neuronto knee extensors, orange neuron – motor neuronto knee flexors. Is the above diagram an accurate representation of a potential set of circuitry that would lead to an effective reflex (Yes / No)? Explain Why or Why Not,
8. In your OWN words, using full sentences, compare and contrast the somatic motor nervous system and the autonomic nervous system (ANS).
9. If a nicotinic, cholinergic receptor – agonist was dripped on the heart, how / Would you expect the heart to respond? Would heart rate and / or contractility increase / decrease / or show no change? Explain your answer.
10. Using the patellar reflex is an example, explain the concept of spinal reflexes and why we have them?