In this activity you will identify the external environment in different sports sectors and choice of most appropriate strategic style for the sector using analysis and evaluation of the of the external environment using the BCG dimensions.
What information do you need?
Read and assimilate the contents of the unit.
How the activity should be resolved?
The success of this activity will depend on the following sequence:
- Complete the course material with particular attention to the BCG concept of “appropriateness” of business strategy to external environment.
- Choose four known sectors of sports (or research new and different sports sectors), and analyze them using the BCG dimensions of predictability and strategic style.
- Summarize concisely the reasons for proposing which strategic style is the most appropriate for each sports sector.
The learning objectives to be achieved in this activity are the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of the different dimensions for environmental analysis proposed by the BCG (predictability, malleability, etc.).
- Apply this understanding to identify the external environment in different sports sectors and choice of most appropriate strategic style for the sector (classical, visionary, etc.).