https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2022-11-07 16:52:412022-11-07 16:52:41Case 3.2: Battling Over Bottled Water, writing homework help
- 1. Read Case 3.2: Battling Over Bottled Water, located here or on page 109 in your textbook. Nestlé holds a 99-year lease for the land that the Sanctuary Spring sits on. While lease-holders are generally understood to be able to make full use of their land, when public resources are involved, they are limited to “reasonable uses.” Review the case study and formulate an argument either supporting or challenging this distinction. Support your reasoning by addressing key ways in which benefits and burdens are being distributed between Nestlé and the community in this case.
- 2. Select one (1) of the following terms: structuralism, economic capital, and social capital, and provide one (1) example of the term using your personal experience, from your family or work environment.
- 3. Evaluating Bias in ResearchRead the article titled, “As drug industry’s influence over research grows, so does the potential for bias,” located at http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-drug-industrys-influence-over-research-grows-so-does-the-potential-for-bias/2012/11/24/bb64d596-1264-11e2-be82-c3411b7680a9_story.html.Write a one to two (1-2) page essay in which you:
- Identify the first step in the student’s guide to research.
- Define the first step of research in your own words.
- Identify the major assumptions and bias of the drug industry that underlie drug research.
- Identify the personal bias that you, as a consumer, have on the drug industry’s influence over research.