1. The title of Chapter 23 contains an allusion to the classic horror movie “Frankenstein.” What does this allusion suggest about the tension between scientific discovery and public perception? How is this idea developed by text?
2. Analyze the pros and cons of giving patients legal ownership of their cells.
3. Explain why Michael Gold’s journalism could be considered irresponsible and/ or unethical.
4. Explain how the sale of HeLa sales evolved into a business? Describe the extent to which the profits from the business are likely a direct result of the sale of HeLa cells. In what other way do scientists, corporations, and individual’s profit as a result of HeLa?
– book – the immortal life of henrietta lacks
Can use online sources
book pdf –