Critical Analysis #3 on The Heidi Chronicles or Ruined…
For this critical analysis assignment, as with #2, you need to create a feminist interpretation of either The Heidi Chronicles or Ruined.
For example, you could look at issues of gender and Heidi’s search for identity and happiness, or you could comment on how The Heidi Chronicles represents feminism effectively or not, or you could investigate the issue of global women’s rights in Ruined. As with all the plays we’ve read, there are many ways to approach this assignment.
Like the previous analysis papers, you need to create an argument about the play you’ve chosen to write about. You’re
creating an argument, which means, you’re asserting your view and your
interpretation of the actions of the characters and the plot twists in
the play. Insert your opinions, but stay focused on analyzing the action
of the play to help illustrate your ideas. Your job is to dig deeper
into the play to see what it’s all about and to persuade your reader of
your point of view—your thesis.
The paper has the following requirements:
- The paper should be ONLY 750 words in length. It’s a skill to work in a small space.
- You must have an arguable thesis
that is persuasive and allows you to prove its premise in the essay.
Remember, your thesis needs to present a feminist analysis.
- You must select and arrange your details in such a way that they occur in a natural, logical order and work to support your thesis.
- You should work to give the reader specific details and concrete examples of the work to support your thesis and your main points.
- You need to use examples of dialogue and action and cite your examples appropriately according to MLA documentation format.
- You need to use at least one additional reading from the course site or that you find on your own via library research to develop your discussion.
- Work to give your reader an engaging essay by varying your word choice and sentence structure throughout your essay.
- This assignment is designed to demonstrate your abilities as a critical thinker and effective writer.
Make sure you check spelling, documentation format and works cited page for proper MLA formatting.
Submit your assignment here as word document with proper formatting, including your works cited. The works cited does not count in your overall word count.
Remember, the goal here is a feminist interpretation of the play as we are again focusing on the objective “to apply a feminist critique to literature.”