Resource: Pastas R Us, Inc. Database
Review the Wk 2 – Apply: Statistical Report assignment.
In preparation for writing your report to senior management next week, conduct the following descriptive statistics analyses with ExcelÂ®. Answer the questions below in your Excel sheet or in a separate Word document:
- Insert a new column in the database that corresponds to â€œAnnual Sales.â€ Annual Sales is the result of multiplying a restaurantâ€™s â€œSqFt.â€ by â€œSales/SqFt.â€
- Calculate the mean, standard deviation, skew, 5-number summary, and interquartile range (IQR) for each of the variables.
- Create a box-plot for the â€œAnnual Salesâ€ variable. Does it look symmetric? Would you prefer the IQR instead of the standard deviation to describe this variableâ€™s dispersion? Why?
- Create a histogram for the â€œSales/SqFtâ€ variable. Is the distribution symmetric? If not, what is the skew? Are there any outliers? If so, which one(s)? What is the â€œSqFtâ€ area of the outlier(s)? Is the outlier(s) smaller or larger than the average restaurant in the database? What can you conclude from this observation?
- What measure of central tendency is more appropriate to describe â€œSales/SqFtâ€? Why?