Answer the questions below according to the instructions given. Please note that responses to BOTH questions must be included in the same submission in order for your examination to be graded; otherwise, it will be returned to you for revision.
- Write a composition using one of the topics listed below. Your composition needs to be three to five paragraphs long. It must contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
• Argue for or against the limitation of speed limits.
• Explain why a certain sport is your favorite.
• Compare and contrast driving in the winter and driving in the summer.
• Describe a SINGLE memorable day in your life.
- Write a letter of complaint. Follow the rules for a formal letter, and use the full-block style. The complaint may be about anything you wish (such as malfunctioning equipment, poor building maintenance, or disruptive noises from a nearby business). You can base your letter on a true experience, or you can make up all the details you need.
Please note that a form letter or a template cannot be used in constructing your response to question 2. When a form letter or template is used, you are giving little to no thought to wording or formatting, and you are not actually creating your own complaint; you are simply filling in the blanks of someone else’s work. For this reason, a grade of 1% will be issued if a form letter or template is used.
Ask yourself these questions after you answer the questions for your exam.
- Is my composition three to five paragraphs long? (It must include an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.)
- Did I select a topic for my composition from the list given in the instructions?
- Did I fully expand on the topic I selected for my composition? (Example: If you selected to describe a memorable day, you should only describe ONE day.)
- Does my letter include a complaint?
- Did I include all parts of a business letter? (This includes a signature! You can use a different font to indicate your signature.)
- Is my letter written in full-block style?
- Did I answer both questions on my own, without help from the internet?
- Are both answers saved in one document?
- Is my work saved as a Microsoft Word document or in Rich Text Format?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, please go back and make the needed changes before submitting your work.