Option #1: Narrative Essay
In Chapter 5, you explore the narrative essay genre. For this
Portfolio Project, you must compose a persuasive essay in the narrative
essay genre. Your narrative essay must:
- include a thesis statement in your introduction
- consist of body paragraphs that include a topic sentence and clear details that support your description
- address your topic using critical thinking skills
- include one quotation, paraphrase, and use of a summary in your paper
- include a concluding paragraph that synthesizes your main points
- incorporate instructor and peer feedback.
- Your paper should be 5-6 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Include three properly cited sources in APA format.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
As you write this essay, please remember to refer to the
feedback you received throughout the class, to include feedback on your
diagnostic essay, summary, paraphrase, and quoting assignments as well
as comments received on your outline and drafts. While not required, it
is highly recommended that you submit your essay to the tutors for a
grammar and editing review. The tutors typically return drafts within 24
hours of submission.