For this assignment, you are to write a paper about a digital media art work of your choosing.
Choosing a work:
The work you choose must be computationally based and interactive is preferred. If you are accessing with the work through documentation, make sure that the documentation is adequate enough to develop a meaningful description. If not then choose another work.
Here are three starting points for finding a work to write about:
Components of the paper:
- About the work. Include name, creation date, how you reviewed it (e.g. online, through documentation), format/technology
- About the artist(s). Include name(s), and brief biography
- Description of the work. Provide an extended description of the work.
- Interpretation of the work. Provide an interpretation of the work from the perspective of a viewer/participant.
- Connection to an article in the New Media Reader. Apply an idea from an article in the New Media Reader to the work you have chosen.
- Works cited.
- Legible 12 point font (e.g. Times New Roman or Arial or Calibri or Cambria)
- 1” inch margins on all sides.
- A total of 4-5 pages. About 1500 words
- Double-spaced except for block quotes which should be single spaced.
- Quotes that are fewer than than two lines long are in the body of the paragraph.
- Use MLA citation style for all sources. http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/DocMLA.html
- Have someone read your paper if you are concerned about sentence structure, or language use.
- Proofread and spell-check your paper.
- Write your essay in third person historical present tense. (“The author states…” “The work represents…”) with no use of “we” or “I”.