Quiz 2: 15 Fill-in Items and Four Definitions
Terms for the Fill-in/Completion items
1.Attachment/ Internal Working Model, Secure Family Base (Brief set of slides, Week 13)
2.Blended Family/Stepfamily (Week 10)
3.Economic Hardship (Week 10)
4.Kinship Care (Week 11)
5.Marriage (Week 14)
6.Parental Child (Week 10)
7.Sole Administrator (Week 10)
8.Transition to parenthood (Week 9)
A few Items require may you to list related terms or example from the text or slides
9.Adverse Childhood Experiences, examples, most common (Week 10)
10.Communication in relationships (examples) (Week 13)
11.Co-parenting (examples) (Week 9)
12.Conflict Properties (list) (Week 13)
13.Divorce Process (Week 10)
14.Domestic and Couple Conflict (Conflict areas, examples)
15.Bonus: Love (Love in adult relationships) (Brief set of slides, Week 14)
Part 2: Family Term Definitions (Define 4 terms with examples, three from the list and family with details and examples, 4 items total, 10 points each)
All students must define family based on your own thoughts with some added ideas based on what you learned from the class. You will select three other terms to define from the list below. Please define and also provide a strong example or explain the importance of the term or concept to the study of family psychology. Please refer to your source â€“ the slides, the text, weekly readings, class videos, or discussion readings. These are not to be defined by Wikipedia.
Select and define 4 of the 10 terms of concepts from this list. Three of your choice of plus # 10 family.
1. Universal aspects and goals of parenting (Week 9, Transition to Parenthood)
2. Stages of Parenthood (Six stages-Ellen Galinsky) (Week 9, Transition to Parenthood)
3. Parenting styles (4) (Week 9, Transition to Parenthood)
4. Family diversity with an emphasis on one family structure or type (Week 10 and Weeks 12 & 13, Examples: single parents, young parents, same sex parents. Types; Refuge Families, Kinship, Foster Care or Adoptive Families, Military, Immigrant Families.)
5. Regulated styles in couples (Gottman) (Week 13, Couple, Communication, Conflict, Spillover)
6. Four Horseman of the Apocalypse (Week 13 , Couple, Communication, Conflict, Spillover
7. Spillover theory/hypothesis: internal and external spillover (Week 13, Couple, Communication, Conflict, Spillover)
8. Positive or transformative constructs related to couples/marriage (Week 13, Couple, Communication, Conflict, Spillover)
9. Play Therapy or Family Therapy Models: Related Examples and Concepts(Week 13 & 14)
10. Family: All must define based on what you have learned this semester.
- Ìˆ Required Text: F. Walsh, Ed. (2015). Normal Family Processes: Growing Diversity andComplexity: Fourth Edition. The text is available in the UMB Bookstore and via the Healey Library.
- Ìˆ M. A. Fine & F.D. Fincham, Eds. (2013). Handbook of Family Theories. This text will be referred to on class presentations and during discussion. The text is on e-reserve via Healey Library.