1. Compare the amounts in the columns before and after the adjusting entries to reconstruct the adjusting entries made in 2014. Explain each adjustment.
2. Compute the net earnings for 2014, assuming that it is based on the amounts (a) before adjusting entries and (b) after adjusting entries. Which net earnings amount is correct? Explain.
3. Compute the earnings per share, assuming that 5,000 shares are outstanding.
4. Compute the net profit margin ratio and the return on equity, assuming that contributed capital did not change during the year. What do the computed ratios suggest to you about the company?
5. Prepare the closing entries at December 31, 2014.