Not all countries have moved through all four phases of the demographic transition. You are a consultant for a developing country that is not yet in phase IV of demographic transition.
In your own words, complete the following:
- Define demographic transition.
- Describe the 4 phases of demographic transition, including if the population is stable, growing, or declining in each. ·
- According to demographers, what factors lead to a decline in the crude birth rates (CBR) and crude death rates (CDR) in the epidemiologic and fertility phases of the demographic transition? ·
- Briefly describe three living conditions and/or environmental impacts in developed countries that have reached phase IV, and contrast them with these conditions or impacts in developing countries that remain in earlier phases. ·
- Assuming that the demographic transition phase IV is a goal for developing countries, what two programs or initiatives would you suggest to assist them in progress toward this goal?