Read the article titled and attached, “The Role of Corporate Communication and Perception of Justice during Organizational Change Process”. Next, analyze the relationship between communication and resistance. Evaluate the major consequences of poor communication. 300 words.
Using the organization Coca-Cola, synthesize the organization’s readiness for change. Evaluate whether or not to implement your new program, policy, practice, or procedure. Submit a five (5) page paper on the following below:
- Describe the company in terms of industry, size, number of employees, and history.
- Analyze in detail the current HR practice, policy, process, or procedure that you believe should be changed.
- Formulate three (3) valid reasons for the proposed change based on current change management theories.
- Appraise the diagnostic tools that you can use to determine an organization’s readiness for change. Propose two (2) diagnostic tools which you can utilize to determine if the organization is ready for change. Defend why you believe the diagnostic tools selected are the best choice for diagnosing change in the organization.
- Using one (1) of the diagnostic tools you selected, assess the organization’s readiness for change:
- Provide results of the diagnostic analysis
- Explain the results
- Interpret whether or not the organization is ready for change. Substantiate your conclusion by referencing current change management theories.
Note: The paper must be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format (Strayer University). Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
5a. Examine two ways that companies can recruit qualified job applicants. Determine which method may be most effective and predict how it could benefit the company when hiring new employees. 200 words.
5b. Go to O*Net Online’s Website (https://www.onetonline.org/) and review at least two (2) different occupation descriptions. Next, compare the two selected occupation descriptions. Recommend two changes to make the occupation descriptions more marketable. Provide examples to support your recommendations. Be sure to provide details of the occupation descriptions in case others want to use them. 200 words.
6a. Propose two ways that a company can gain a competitive advantage over other companies when striving to recruit job applicants. Determine whether technology has assisted or hindered the process. 250 words.
6b. Imagine you are head of the HR department, and you have been asked to review two applicants for the sales clerk position at your company. Alice, the first applicant has 10 years of experience in sales work, but can be easily distracted. She will not work on commission and cannot work weekends. She can be a little obstinate, but has an excellent job history. Mary, the second applicant, has one year experience, but very congenial and loves working with people. Her work schedule is very flexible, but she can become a little stressed at times and has been known for having to quietly leave and regroup for a short time. Determine which candidate would be the “right fit”. Support your decision by describing the thought process that lead up to your decision. 250 words.
Select a publicly traded company to research and evaluate its Human Resource (HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its company regarding human capital. Some company Websites that provide this information are listed below:
Ford Motor Company: http://corporate.ford.com/careers/career-paths/human-resources?&ccode=US
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the business strategy.
- Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR department.
- Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
- Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve competitive advantages.
- Propose three (3) ways that the company can increase diversity.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements must be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how it supports the organization’s business strategy.
- Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with business strategies.
- Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain the most efficient and effective workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.
- Equal Pay Discrimination or Lack of Negotiation Skills and Depiction of Women in Magazines” Please respond to the following: Based on the first case study, give your opinion as to whether this case study represents an example of an individual lacking negotiation skills or a case of discrimination. Next, speculate on three (3) methods Caroline could utilize to better present herself during her meeting with Mr. Kuehn. Justify your response. 250 words.
- Review the advertisements in several women’s magazines such as Cosmopolitan (http://www.cosmopolitan.com ), Elle (http://www.elle.com ), or Vogue (http://www.vogue.com ). Note: While reviewing these advertisements focus on the depiction of women within the advertisements. Next, evaluate the significance of two to three (2-3) aspects related to the manner in which magazine advertisements depict women. Next, suggest two (2) ways these images reinforce different stereotypes about women then propose two (2) methods for changing society’s depiction of women to avoid these stereotypes. Provide support for your response. 250 words.