For section 1. Search on Google to get some primary information on
external recruiting for South Korea.
1. Identify 1 or 2 U.S. firms doing business in South Korea from
the Fortune 500 list. Search their websites. Do they post jobs on their
website? Encourage employee referrals? Get on their website and see what
ads look like for managerial positions. Similar to the U.S. or different? If
different, what are the differences. Do they offer internships?
2. Immigration issues – how hard is it to get a work permit for American’s?
3. Are there employment websites like Monster or Indeed in that country?
If so, what are they?
4. The biggest/best newspaper to advertise your job, see if you can pull up
an ad to analyze. Look for ads by any firms and see if they are different
from what you see here in the U.S
5. Colleges in the country for campus recruitment
6. Professional recruitment firms
7. Internet usage – is it commonly used in that country? If, yes you can use
this channel for recruitment.
Finds and summarizes an article
(or 2) on one unique aspect of recruitment and
selection for South Korea and write a brief
section on it. Some easy topics are the legal issues in
recruitment and selection in that country, EEO laws,
or on women in management in your country. Read
the chapter on recruitment for topics. Search for
articles on Google scholar, SHRM.org, and
Page Length: 2 – 3 pages