Program Proposal for a Health Behavior Issue
Pick a health-behavior issue in which you are personally or professionally interested. In 15–18 pages (plus cover page and references) propose a new intervention program that you believe will lead to a positive health behavior change related to the issue for a specific population. Use APA format and scholarly citations and references.
Your paper must include the following items:
- Need for the Program. Describe the program, the target population, and the need that the program addresses. Provide statistics supporting the need for the program. (3–4 pages)
- Program Challenges. Explain challenges you might encounter when attempting to implement your program with the target population, including communication and logistical issues. Explain how you would address those challenges. (3–4 pages)
- Theoretical Rationale. Describe how the program relates to at least two of the theories discussed in this course. (3–4 pages)
- Marketing. Explain what health education/communication issues you would anticipate within your target population. Explain how you would socially market the program, including the name you would use, the marketing strategies and program description you think would be most effective in reaching the target population, and where you might market the program. (2–3 pages)
- Evaluation. Explain why formally evaluating your program might be necessary. Make some recommendations on the type of evaluation that your program would require. (1–2 pages)
- Resources. Describe resources that would be required to implement the program (e.g., staff requirements, space, and equipment). (1–2 pages)
- Final Summary and Conclusions. Briefly summarize your paper and your conclusions on the feasibility of implementing the program. (1–2 pages)
Your Final Project will be graded on a 20-point scale and is worth 30% of your final grade.
The Final Project will be evaluated according to all four indicators in the Application Assignment and Final Paper Writing Rubric located in the Course Info area. Be sure that the Final Project is written using APA format.
Information on scholarly writing may be found in the APA Manual and at the Walden Writing Center website. Also see the Walden University Policies and Information, in the Guidelines and Policies area.