Mr.X a 62 year old African American male was diagnosed with Cerebellum Ataxia in 1999, a disorder that affects his speech, coordination, and vision. The disorder has progressed over the years making Art confined to a wheel chair and legally blind. He takes several medications daily to help him maintain, he is visited weekly by a nurse and personal assistant. Mr. X also has sleep apnea. Although he is limited Mr. X keeps a positive attitude. Mr. X lives with his wife of 25 years who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis.
1. Based on the above story discuss about aging theories & promoting healthy aging, what conclusions can you draw about how a 62 years older person(Mr. X) suffering from cerebellum ataxia and being legally blind is aging? Can you identify any health care needs?
• Include aging theories & promoting healthy aging
• conclusions you can draw about how this older person is aging
• identify any health care needs
Section two ANALYSIS:
Discuss the impact of Mr. X health could have on our view of older adults. Have our ideas about aging changed? Summarize with your personal philosophy of aging. Demonstrate your Patient teaching skills by describing an outline of a health teaching plan. What specific health teaching would you provide for 62 year old man with cerebellum ataxia disorder? As a society, how can we promote the best health practices for older adults?
• discuss the impact of a 62 year old suffering from Cerebellum Ataxia and being legally blind change our view of older adults.
• Have our ideas about aging–changed? How?
• specific health teaching would you provide this particular older adult
• Outline a health teaching plan.
• As a society, how can we promote the best health practices for older adults? Summarize with your personal philosophy of aging.
• APA format: Use correct format, citing references.