You have been asked to create a conceptual database model using MS Visio Database Model Diagram Template. The purpose of this Lab is to have you gain experience with the various modeling tools needed to create a conceptual model (entity-relationship diagram) of a database. You will then modify the model for implementation as an MS Access database. You will create and modify one conceptual model.
You will then create an MS Access database based on the model developed in Visio, creating the necessary tables and relationships.
Upon completing this lab, you will accomplish the following.
- Relying on detailed instructions, add two entities to the existing conceptual model (ERD), including attribute data types and required field lengths.
- Create a new MS Access database file.
- Using the model from Parts A and B of the lab, and relying on detailed instructions, create the first two tables in the database.
- Use the experience gained in creating the first two tables to add the remaining tables.
- Using the model from Parts A and B of the Lab, and relying on detailed instructions, create the relationship between the first two tables in the database.
- Use the experience gained in creating the first relationship to create the remaining relationships between the tables.
Part A: YourNameLab2.vsd (Visio Diagram)
Part B: YourNameLab2.accdb (Access Database)
Microsoft Office: Word 2013, Visio 2013, and Access 2013
STEP 1: Complete the Week 2 Lab
- Download the Week 2 Lab Instructions (Links to an external site.).
- Download the following files to complete your Lab assignment: