Your research must focus on the following:
Th comapny name is Zalando In South Africa
- History of the company – include ownership status, both current and historic
- Fashion profile and target market – include current fashion profile and historic evolutions
- Merchandise assortment and evolution
- Local merchandise/industry support or governance
- Local production/sourcing, aspiration and potential for expansion beyond country of origin
- Financials: revenue, gross margin, number of stores, etc.
- You can also incorporate company innovations, limitations, and all other opportunities. You can also briefly compare the differences to American merchandising approaches of an American competitor.
I suggest that you use all concepts covered in the class lectures, use the assets available to all students from the Library (the digital services are excellent resources) as well as discussions with classmates. Use the financial websites to secure possible financial information about your selected company. Try the websites from the World Bank, the IMF, etc. Lastly, don’t forget about the rich, international student population at FIT, but if you use a fellow student, be sure to quote and substantiate accurately. Use Zotero, or another software tool to store references and create the bibliography.
I will hold the following criteria in high regard when grading your work for this final term project:
- Presentation, organization, and cohesiveness (20 minutes)
- Critical Thinking Question (CTQ) for the audience at the end of the PowerPoint
- Use of principles learned and discussed in the classroom
- Quality of research; content, appendix, reference list
- Analysis, clarity and comprehension
- Adherence to project instructions and time constraints
- Clear and accurate substantiation regarding specifics, obscurity, quotes, dates and financials
Appendix (images, charts, graphs, etc.) and an APA reference list are not included in the word count. All images, charts, graphs must be labeled and discussed in your written paper. Again, they are not to be included in the word count. Remember, approximately 500 words make up one page in the digital universe. As in the research papers, the font size is 12-point with one-inch margins. Be sure to include your names on the first page in the upper left corner and number each page in the bottom lower right.