ou are an AGACNP practicing as a critical care inpatient provider in a tertiary care center. You are tasked with admitting a patient with a chief complaint of an acute cardiovascular disease state.
Summarize pathology, etiology, modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors, pertinent signs and symptoms, diagnostics, and treatment regimen to include both pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches. Choose from one of the following. Try not to post duplicate posts on the same subject. Support your answer with two or three peer-reviewed resources.
- Myocardial Infarction
- Ischemic and Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Failure
- Aortic Stenosis/Regurgitation
- Mitral Stenosis/Regurgitation
- Pulmonic Stenosis/Regurgitation
- Tricuspid Stenosis/Regurgitation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Torsade de Pointes
- Sick Sinus Syndrome
- Noncardiogenic Pulmonary Edema
- Viral and Bacterial Endocarditis
- Cardiac Tamponade
You may also choose to cover the following devices, including criteria for placement, availability, and care of patient/devices post placement.
- Intra-Arterial Cardiac Assist Device
- “Balloon Pump” in Critical Care
- Automated Internal Cardiac Defibrillator
- Implanted Rhythm Recorders
- Pacemakers – Permanent