Select a publicly traded company to research and evaluate its Human Resource
(HR) and business strategy, HR department job positions, and ways it markets its
company regarding human capital. Some company Websites that provide this
information are listed below:
- Marriott: http://www.arubamarriottcareers.com/JobDescription…
- Allstate: http://www.jigsaw.com/id209321_d40/allstate_insura…
- State Farm: http://www.statefarm.com/about/retirees/news_artic…
- Ford Motor Company: http://corporate.ford.com/careers/career-paths/hum…
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Propose how you would ensure the HR strategy is in alignment with the
- Describe the HR job positions and the responsibilities listed for that HR
- Determine which HR job positions you would prefer and explain why.
- Analyze how the selected company can establish HRM strategies to improve
- Propose three (3) ways that the company can increase diversity.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how
it supports the organization’s business strategy.
- Evaluate human resource strategies and how these strategies align with
- Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Formulate HRM strategies and policies to recruit, select, place, and retain
the most efficient and effective workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic
human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using
proper writing mechanics