Financing Government Operations
Focus of the Final Paper
Utilizing a public policy of your choice from the local government (Seminole County Florida) where you reside, complete the following:
- Analyze that local government’s revenues and possible funding options for the chosen public policy.
Additionally, utilizing the local government’s annual budgeting documents and any other pertinent documents, incorporate the following into your paper:
- Describe restrictions that are (or could be) placed on those revenues.
- Evaluate how public policy decisions affect the receipt of revenues.
- Analyze the economic conditions that affect revenue projections.
- Recommend a revenue policy that aligns with community values.
The Final Paper should focus on real-life, real-time applications of topics covered in this course, including the uses you have seen and the uses you can envision.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 12 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style. Any exhibits or appendices are also not counted in the paper length.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style, which lists the scholarly sources you relied upon in constructing your paper.