Purpose of assignment:To measure students’ ability to:
(1) Explain the child development event, or issue (i.e., child rearing practices, marital considerations, reproductive technologies, healthcare policies);
(2) Apply the concepts and major theoretical approaches to the assigned case in resolving a child development situation, i. e., mental or developmental disorder, psycho social change or trauma, or a moral dilemma; which theorist
(3) Use research (journal articles, newspapers, movies and online sources) to evaluate and distinguish the influences of heredity, environmental context and cultural values in their case scenario;
(4) Apply ethical principles to “best” resolve or alleviate the problem in their assigned case;
(5) Use information literacy skills to locate appropriate research and other relevant community resources and materials to create an informative class presentation.