Use the Internet to research one (1)
developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of
lending institutions, health care, and human capital, as well as the material
covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 6 through 9.
Write a three to four (3-4) page research
paper in which you:
- Explore whether or not funding from
international lending institutions like the World Bank and the IMF are helping
or hindering the social, economic, or political development of the country that
you have selected. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss, with examples, at least four (4)
substantive ways in which a healthy population strengthens the economy of the
country that you have selected.
- Ascertain the degree to which the leadership
of your chosen country has used foreign aid to improve its health care system.
Support your response with concrete examples.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic
resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other
nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources
is at the instructor’s discretion. Resources must also be within the last seven
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New
Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor
for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of
the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and
the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes
associated with this assignment are:
- Determine how human capital is used and what
effect gender disparity has on these decisions.
- Determine what role health plays in
- Examine the role that the International
Monetary Fund and World Bank play in transfers and the conditions they set to
effect this funding.
- Use technology and information resources to
research issues in sociology of developing countries.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology
of developing countries using proper writing mechanics.