2 Page Paper – Exclude Title and Reference Page – English
Select one poem from this week’s assigned readings, and identify at least three elements in the poem that you found interesting or engaging (e.g., form, language, content, and/or other literary elements).
Then, assess how these elements affected your response to the poem, in its entirety.
(e.g., Did these elements affect your opinions on (or reaction to) the content of the poem? Did they cause you to focus on one aspect of the poem over others?)
- Length: Your paper should be two to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference page)
- Sources: Support your reflections with textual details and analysis from at least two scholarly sources.
- APA: Your draft must be formatted to APA (6th edition) style.
- Separate Title Page: Must include an original title
- Separate Reference Page
- Proper Citations: All sources must be properly cited, both within the text and in a separate reference page.
- Elements of Academic Writing: All academic papers should include these elements.
- Introduction with a thesis statement
- Supporting paragraphs
T. S. Eliot (1910)
|The winter evening settles down
With smell of steaks in passageways.
The burnt-out ends of smoky days.
|And now a gusty shower wraps
The grimy scraps
Of withered leaves about your feet
And newspapers from vacant lots;
The showers beat
|On broken blinds and chimney-pots,
And at the corner of the street
A lonely cab-horse steams and stamps.
|And then the lighting of the lamps.|
NO PLAGIARISM! I WILL REPORT IT!