COMESA is one of the two regional trading blocs that Zambia belongs to. This deals with trade
protectionism and how and why barriers to trade are imposed and removed.
Topics covered at this destination include:
- COMESA: a case study of a trading bloc
- The World Trade Organization
- Uruguay Round
- Lome Convention
- Protectionist Policies of Zambia
1. Discuss the relationship between terms of trade and elasticities, and their impact on Zambia’s economy.
2. Discuss the effectiveness of the Official Development Assistant in Zambia.
3. Discuss how fair trade has been applied in Zambia
4. Discuss the effects that aid and trade have in the economic growth of poor countries such as Zambia.
Reference sources for each item.