Shakespeare’s Macbeth is often considered one of literature’s greatest tragedies, not only because of Macbeth’s tragic fall from grace, but because of how the play relates to human nature and the conflicts inherent in human nature. In your initial post, please do the following:
- State a conflict that you see present in Macbeth (please refer to the list of conflicts).
- Respond to one of the following and provide specific textual examples:
- Describe a key conflict in the play and how it corresponds to a character’s development.
- Describe two key literary techniques and elements of drama that aid in developing the conflict.
- Explain how the conflict identified in the play relates to human nature and the human condition.