https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2021-09-18 19:45:112021-09-18 19:45:11Writing Assignment (Part 4): Investigate a Social Issue
Writing Assignment (Part 4): Investigate a Social Issue
Writing Assignment (Part 4): Investigate a Social Issue Final PaperDue Week 10 and worth 150 points
Working from your previous assignments and from the feedback of your professor, you will now write the final draft of your paper. Specifically, you will submit a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you address all of the following:
- Specific Hypothesis. Introduce your paper by identifying the specific hypothesis you are evaluating in this paper.
- Applicable Sociological Concepts. Identify the sociological theories and terminology from the text that apply to your social issue
- Practical Implications. Discuss the value of sociological research into your issue. Determine whether or not there are (or would be) practical implications of sociological inquiry into this issue.
- Evidence. This is the most important part of the paper. Analyze at least two (2) lines of evidence that pertain to the hypothesis you are evaluating. Does the evidence support your hypothesis? For each type of evidence, consider possible biases and alternative interpretations.
- Conclusions. Draw conclusions based on the evidence that you have discovered. Does the evidence confirm or refute your hypothesis? Is the evidence sufficiently convincing to draw firm conclusions about your hypothesis?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the various methodologies for sociological research.
- Apply the sociological perspective to a variety of socioeconomic and political problems.
- Critically examine how society shapes individuals and how individuals shape society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology using proper writing mechanics.