Explore linkages between the theory of terrorism and practical counterterrorism activities, including predicting the most likely directions terrorism will take in the future. Based on the material covered in Martinâ€™s textbook and the articles available in the Supplementary Reading Packets:
- Describe what can be done to counter terrorism other than overt military engagements.
- Explain the challenges of each technique you describe.
- Provide specific examples of real-world situations for each technique AND for each challenge you identify.
- Incorporate information from at least four modules across the course.
- Your paper should include a title page, an abstract, no less than 8 pages of written text (1-inch margins, 12-point font, double-spaced), and a bibliography.
- The body of your text will include an introduction stating the purpose of your paper, several well-formulated paragraphs of no less than five sentences with appropriate transition sentences between them, and a conclusion bringing your paper to an orderly close.
- You must use your textbook and at least four articles from the Supplementary Reading Materials of any module in this course that you have not already used as primary sources for your paper.
- Your entire paper â€“ from the layout to the citations â€“ must conform to APA format to include an abstract page and a closing summary paragraph.
Textbook: Martin, G. (2012). Understanding terrorism: Challenges, perspectives, and issues (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. ISBN: 9781452205823