Which answer best represents an open-ended research question?
1.Was John Wilkes Booth hired to assassinate President Lincoln?
2. Who shot President Lincoln?
3. Why was John Wilkes Booth motivated to assassinate President Lincoln?
4. From what kind of mental illness was Lincoln’s assassin suffering?
How is an organization chart a useful tool for research?
1. It helps the writer distinguish between academic materials and those that are not academic.
2. It helps the writer organize ideas as he or she is writing.
3. It helps the writer sort out the useful sources from those that are less useful.
4. It helps the writer identify when he or she has obtained enough research materials for the paper.