Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- “Clinically Appraising Qualitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Course Resources, or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
A guide to critical appraisal of evidence
Fineout-Overholt, Ellen PhD, RN, FNAP, FAAN
Nursing Critical Care: May 2019 – Volume 14 – Issue 3 – p 24-30
Fielding, J., Fielding, N., & Hughes, G. (2013). Opening up open-ended survey data using qualitative software. Quality and Quantity, 47(6), 3261-3276.
Rothwell, E. (2010). Analyzing focus group data: Content and interaction. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 15(2), 176–180.
Ryan, F., Coughlan, M., & Cronin, P. (2007). Step-by-step guide to critiquing research. Part 2: Qualitative research. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 16(12), 738–744.
Ryan, F., Coughlan, M., & Cronin, P. (2007). Step-by-step guide to critiquing research. Part 2: Qualitative research. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 16(12), 738–744.Smith, J., & Firth, J. (2011). Qualitative data analysis: The framework approach. Nurse Researcher, 18(2), 52–62.
Revisit NCQA website, specifically the Patient Experiences area.
- National Committee on Quality Assurance. (2015). retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org/Programs/Recognition/Practices/ PatientCenteredMedicalHomePCMH/
- Read the following article “Making the Critical Appraisal for Summaries of evidence-based medicine: critical appraisal of summaries of evidence.”
- Evaluate the six research techniques used in qualitative research, keeping in mind the four general areas for evaluating a qualitative study.
“Scientific and Analytic Approaches to Advanced Evidence-Based Practice” Clinical Question Search Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to give you a practical application to implement your compelling clinical question idea, supported by the evidence-based research you have obtained during your systematic review. You will apply evidence-based research findings discovered from your clinical question, and then integrate those to support your suggested change in nursing practice.
- Identify your refined clinical question.
- Provide a summary of the database used.
- Determine an evidence-based quantitative article from the search that contains an evidence-based randomized control trial.
- Summarize the case study selected.
- Describe the study approach, sample size, and population studied.
- Apply the evidence from this review to your practice specifically in your overview.
- Evaluate the outcomes, identifying the validity and reliability.
- Discuss if the study contained any bias.
- Determine the level of evidence identified in the review.
- The length should be no less than 10 pages in APA 7th edition format.