- Explain what may be a downside of the power-oriented linguistic style of communication. Are there any ways to address the downside?
- What concrete steps can a leader take to demonstrate respect for a group member from another culture?
- Do you agree that successful leadership must include management by walking around or as the text terms “rounding?” Why or why not?
- What are the basics of negotiating and bargaining? How can these be incorporated to work towards a win-win solution?
- Review the case study in the Reading, “Sean Contemplates a Delicate Confrontation.” What do you think the leadership issue is that Sean is facing? What would you recommend Sean do in order to address the conflict situation with Paul?
- Review the case study in the Reading, “Margot, the Cross-Cultural Communicator.” What recommendations would you give Margot about cross-cultural communication to address the complaints of employees?
350-400 words. References and citations required.
Textbook ref: Dubrin, A. J. (2015). Leadership: Research findings, practice and skills. (8th ed.). Boston: