Until the 1970s, most states provided inmates with a mechanism for early release at the discretion of a parole board under an indeterminate sentencing model. Since that time, determinate sentencing increasingly gained dominance until only very recently, when some states have started to question whether they should revert back to an indeterminate model. This week you compare each sentencing model and provide examples of both.
Write a 700â€“1,050 word essay incorporating the following:
- Describe indeterminate sentencing.
- Outline the pros and cons of indeterminate sentencing.
- Provide a minimum of two examples of indeterminate sentencing.
- Describe determinate sentencing.
- Outline the pros and cons of determinate sentencing.
- Provide a minimum of two examples of determinate sentencing.
Format your work consistent with APA guidelines.
Include a title and reference page.
Cite a minimum of three reliable sources within the body of your paper using in-text citations where appropriate.