The purpose of the Group Discussion Board (DB) Forums are to examine the ethical values displayed in various organizations, and view such in light of Scripture, the course text, and scholarly research. For each Group DB thread, write a 500-word thread that presents an analysis of the assigned case study from Hess & Cameron. Your thread will not summarize the article; instead, it will analyze that company’s values approach in light of Biblical truths and outside research. Support your assertions with at least 3 scholarly resources that have been published within the last 3 years, in addition to, a course text, and Scripture. Your thread must be in current APA format and must include a reference list.
* Must include 3 scholarly resources
* Citation from the course textbook: listed below
Hess, E., & Cameron, K. (2006). Leading with values: Positivity, virtue, and high performance. New York, New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 9780521686037.
* 2 Biblical Quotes in proper APA formatting
* Minimum 500 word count
***Use at least 6 in text citations from the sources listed in the references.
* Answer the questions below
Our reading this module/week allowed each student to explore a more specific area of interest, from accounting and finance to marketing and advertising or to look more closely at an ethical approach to the environment. With this in mind, read chapter 9 from Hess & Cameron as they explored the concept of forgiveness in an organizational context. Forgiveness is not often discussed in the workplace, but it has its place in any work environment and has a clear biblical basis. For this discussion board, answer the following questions:
- Compare the way the case at LTL Trucking reflects forgiveness with the way Scripture teaches us to forgive. What are the similarities and differences? How can leaders shape the way this concept is applied in the workplace?
- What biblical connections can be made to the values displayed by this case? Are these values discussed in current business/organizational literature?