https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2023-03-17 14:21:022023-03-17 14:21:02Discussion Forum #2 (df2)
Discussion Forum #2 (df2)
The glucose content of intact muscle tissue is low, but when the cells are homogenized in a blender, glucose appears in high concentrations in the homogenate. You formulate the hypothesis that breaking the muscle cells in the blender releases or activates enzymes that increase the rate of hydrolysis of glycogen. Which of the following would be the best tests of this hypothesis? Why is this the best choice?
- Measure the glucose content of muscle tissue before and after homogenization.
- Measure the protein content of muscle tissue before and after homogenization.
- Add glycogen to muscle to homogenate and measure glucose concentration after a period of time.
- Add an enzyme that does increase the rate of glycogen hydrolysis and measure glucose concentration after a period of time.
- Homogenize muscle tissue for various periods of time and measure the glucose concentrations in the homogenates.