Review this week’s Learning Resources, focusing on:
- The steps that make up the program evaluation process
- The objectives-based approach to program evaluation
- The Program Evaluation Standards related to ethical issues
Post the following for Dr. Jones: This is the assignment that needs to be completed
- Compare the objective-based, decision-based, and participatory approaches to program evaluation, including the benefits and challenges of each approach.
- Explain how you will apply objective-based program evaluation components and procedures to your identified program.
- Identify and discuss ethical dilemmas related to your role as a program evaluator and how your personal beliefs and/or biases may influence accomplishing objectives.
- Support your post with two or more references to this week’s Learning Resources and/or scholarly sources within the last 5 years beyond the course material.
Chen, H. T. (2015). Practical program evaluation: Theory-driven evaluation and the integrated evaluation perspective (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Chapter 2, “Understand Approaches to Evaluation and Select Ones That Work” (pp. 35–57)
Spaulding, D. T. (2014). Program evaluation in practice: Core concepts and examples for discussion and analysis (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. Chapter 3, “In-Depth Look at the Objectives-Based Approach to Evaluation” (pp. 59–67)
The logic model flowchart is my topic choice.