Engaging Staff in Healthcare Security
Right now, you are starting out and learning about HIM. With luck and perseverance, one day you will be running the show. Put yourself in a leadership HIM position for this assignment.
Review and read this article: Healthcare Security – What Your Practice Needs to Know
Focus on section 3:
Establish security rules. Humans are the weakest link in the security chain. A single user can compromise an entire organization by simply opening a spam email.
· Inform your staff about ransomware attack possibilities and the importance of healthcare security.
· Create rules to remind employees that they should never open attachments they are not expecting
· Implore them to double-check email addresses before opening.
· Discourage users from downloading software from unknown sites
· Educate them about ransomware scare tactics, such as fake pages that claim the FBI has locked a device due to suspicion of downloading illicit files.
Customize staff reminders on EHR security best practices.
Include the following aspects in the assignment:
Ø Compose a 3-5-minute speech in which you cover the 5 points above
Ø Your speech should include the consequences to the organization of not following these practices
Ø Your speech should include the consequences to the employee of not following these practices
Ø Tape your speech to send to all staff using Vocaroo (or another audio file tool)
Ø Submit the link to your speech to the drop box
Ø Cite any references used. As always, proper grammar, sentence structure, and spelling is required