You do not need to respond to all the readings for a given class, as long as your comments reveal a strong and in-depth reading of one of the texts. Commenting on two texts for a particular class is considered one post.
In approximately two paragraphs, cover some of the following:
- What is the main or central argument?
- How does the author make this argument? (Working through specific examples, and/or other authors and their terms and concepts?)
- What are the key terms, concepts, or distinctions used in this argument?
- In what ways is/are the argument/s or particular claim/s surprising, counterintuitive, or perhaps even problematic?
- How might we see parallels to contemporary examples or issues?
- In what ways might the author’s claims require a reexamination or response?
Cleo from 5 to 7 / Cléo de 5 à 7 (Agnès Varda, 1962), 90 min.
The Circle / Dayereh (Jafar Panahi, 2000), 90 min.
2 complete paragraph （400-500）