This assignment will demonstrate understanding of substance use from the biopsychosocial model. Create a tri-fold brochure or pamphlet. You may use the available brochure and pamphlet templates in Microsoft Word. Make sure your brochure or pamphlet is visually appealing and can be used as a method to present to clients in various settings.
Address the following in your assignment:
- Choose a substance that is used with the potential for abuse (i.e., alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opioids). Briefly introduce the substance.
- Using the Biopsychosocial Model, explain why someone uses this substance.
- Address how media influences substance use (i.e., music/concerts, social media, celebrities).
- Discuss the health risks, ramifications and/or benefits associated with the substance.
- Identify treatments/techniques used to treat addiction associated with the substance. Include an explanation of how these treatments/techniques are implemented.
Use a minimum of three to four scholarly resources to support the content in your brochure or pamphlet.
Each section in the brochure or pamphlet should have a clear title heading (i.e., Substance, Use/Abuse, Media Influence, Risks/Benefits, Treatments).
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected. Documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.