Market Competition in Medical – Briefly answer, 1-2 paragraphs
- Increasing number of medical care providers are consolidating into larger provider chain organizations. Discuss the implication of such moves for consumers of medical care?
- Increasing number of private medical insurance firms are merging into larger private
insurers. Discuss the implications of this development for hospital/provider chains.
- How does managed care solve the problems of moral hazard and demand
- How can selection bias among health plans affect an employer’s total medical
- Evaluate the following statement. “A competitive policy for medical care has been a
failure because many of the poor are unable to receive needed care.”