https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png 0 0 Liz https://academicpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-300x75.png Liz2022-01-31 00:00:002022-01-31 00:00:00Web-Site-Evaluation-computer-science-homework-help
- Read How to Evaluate Websites – Quick Tips at ITE 115 Library Resources/Websites.
- Choose a web site related to your field of study. For example, if you are a Psychology major, you might choose something like the American Psychological Association. If you are an Accounting major, you might choose something like The American Institute of CPAs.
- Post your responses to the following questions in the Web Site Evaluation class discussion board:
- What is the URL of the web site you choose to evaluate?
- Why did you choose this web site?
- What is the purpose of the web site?
- What type of domain does it come from?
(educational, nonprofit, commercial, government, etc.)
- Who published and/or wrote the pages on the web site?
- Are biases clearly stated and are affiliations clear? How do you know?
- Is the site current enough? How do you know?
- What are the author’s credentials on this subject?
- Are sources documented with footnotes or links and are there links to other resources on the topic?
- Would you recommend this web site to others? Why or why not? If you recommend it, how can others use the web site for the purpose you identified?