O. C. Ferrell
Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases
Chapter 5: Ethical Decision Making.
Chapter 6: Individual Factors: Moral Philosophies and Values.
Chapter 7: Organizational Factors: The Role of Ethical Culture and Relationships.
· Topic 1
Read Case 10: Google: The Drive to Balance Privacy with Profit
1. What is the impact of culture on the degree that organizational behavior is ethical?
2. What examples of utilitarianism, the moral philosophy, are in action within your organization?
3. Which of the moral philosophies do you personally favor? How does it impact your decisions?
· Topic 2
Read: Required chapters for this week.
1. How does a leader impact an organization’s approach to making the more ethical choices?
2. What examples of relativism, the moral philosophy, in action within your organization?
3. Using the Framework for Understanding Ethical-Decision Making in Business, what are the most influential factors in the making of decisions in your organization?