Create two outlines for two paragraphs following this format and must use two of the 4 secondary sources PROVIDED BELOW
TOPIC SENTENCE and QUOTE
Body Paragraph 1:
- AnzaldÃºaâ€™s negative outlook on assimilation causes her to alienate herself from society.
- â€œAttacks on oneâ€™s form of expression with the intent to censor are a violation of the first amendmentâ€ (AnzaldÃºa 168).
- By viewing the expectation of assimilation as an â€œattack on her form of expressionâ€, AnzaldÃºa is predetermining the fact that she will refuse to accept the English language in order to attempt to preserve her identity as a Chicana.
Body Paragraph 2:
- AnzaldÃºaâ€™s closed mindedness and the pressure she receives from her Hispanic peers causes her to have difficulty assimilating into American culture.
- â€œâ€™Pocho, cultural traitor, youâ€™re speaking the oppressorâ€™s language by speaking English, youâ€™re ruining the Spanish language,â€™ I have been accused by various Latinos and Latinasâ€(AnzaldÃºa 169).
- The pressure to avoid assimilation not only comes from within AnzadÃºa, but also from her fellow Latinos.