Social Justice Paper (1200-1500 words)SIGNATURE WRITING SUBMISSION – note special submission instructions belowIdentify and examine a situation, action, or interaction of social injustice from your clinical or nursing experience that relates to one of the following:
- minority health
- environmental health
- health equity
- underserved for health care.
Identify strategies for responding to the social injustice.
Examine social injustice:
- Describe the situation of social injustice.
- Analyze the health consequences for the client (individual, family, or population group) experiencing the injustice.
- Describe your response as the caregiver or observer of caregiver/health provider responses to the social injustice. How do the Christian worldview and ethic principles help you to identify and understand the situation of social injustice?
- Analyze how your own identity, power, privilege, and oppression influence your viewpoint and reaction
Determine strategies to respond to the social injustice:
- Develop specific strategies that can be used to respond to the identified social injustice – consider community and systems-level interventions.
- Identify barriers that may interfere with responding effectively to the social injustice.
- Identify strengths that will contribute, reducing the effects of the social injustice
- 1200-1500 words
- APA format including in-text citation of sources
- Minimum of 3 references in APA format