Option #1: Phase 1 of IT Infrastructure for a Small Firm
Option #1, you have been hired as an IT expert by a small firm to set
up an office for 20 staff members, half of whom will work with desktop
computers and the remaining with laptop computers using wireless
networks. The office will use one networked laser printer, accessible
from both the desktop and laptop computers. The desktop computers will
use a wired network, while the laptop computers will employ wireless
network to print and access the Internet.
This week, you will complete Phase 1 of the assignment:
- Statement of the Problem or Need:
Based on your review of the IT system, write a description of the
purpose/need/rationale for the IT project at the business office. What
problem(s) are you planning to solve at the business office?
- Project Deliverables:
Write a description of the necessary hardware components and software
to set up computer systems for the business office. Phase 1 of the
Portfolio Project is due in Module 2.
Last week you started
making a list of computer hardware (desktop and laptop computers),
peripherals, and network components (wired and wireless) with
specifications required to set up the proposed business office. Include
the following as part of the project deliverables for submission this
- Type of power supply
- Type of motherboard
- Type of CPU and memory
- Types of storage and capacities
- Types of network interface cards (wired and wireless)
- Types and specifications for printers and scanners
- Types of expansion cards (if needed) for expanding ports
- Types of monitors (CRT, LCD) and specifications
- Specifications for laptop computers
- Any other required hardware component(s) of the items.
the most appropriate computer client operating system (COS) with
reasons for its selection. Include the following (at minimum) as part of
the project deliverables:
- Type of Windows operating system
- 32-bit or 64-bit version
- Video and printers support
- Network and sharing features
- Windows help and support
- Any other relevant features of the selected COS.
Your Module 2 Portfolio Project Milestone should meet the following requirements:
- 3 pages in length, not including cover and reference pages.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic
peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your responses, in addition
to your textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these