Twelve PowerPoint Slides to Include in an Investor Presentation Topic Explanation
1. Title slide – lntroduce the presentation with your company’s name, the names of the founders, and the company logo if available
2. Problem – Briefly state the problem to be solved or the need to be filled
3. Solution – Explain how your firm will solve the problem or how it will satisfy the need to be filled.
4. Opportunity and target market – Articulate your specific target market. Talk about business and environmental trends that are providing your target market momentum.
5. Technology – This slide is optional but is normally included. Talk about your technology or any unusual aspects of your product or service. Don’t talk in an overly technical manner. Make your descriptions easy to understand and interesting
6. Competition – Explain specifically the firm’s competitive advantage in the marketplace and how it will compete against more established competitors.
7. Marketing and sales – Describe your overall marketing strategy. Talk about your sales process. lf you’ve conducted primary research regarding how people feel about your product, report the results here.
8. Management team – Describe your existing management team. Explain how the team came together and how their backgrounds and expertise are keys to the success of your firm. lf you have a board of advisors or board of directors, briefly mention the key. individuals involved. If you have gaps in your team, explain how and when they will be filled.
9. Financial projections – Briefly discuss the financials. Stress when the firm will achieve profitability, how much capital lt will take to get there, and when its cash flow will break even. Use additional slides if needed to properly display your information, but don’t go overboard.
10. Current status – Describe the current status of your firm in the context of the milestones you’ve achieved to date. Don’t diminish the value of your accomplishments.
11. Financing sought – Lay out specifically how much financing you’re seeking and how you’ll use the money.
12. Summary – Bring the presentation to a close. Summarize the strongest points of your venture and your team. Solicit feedback from your audience.
Business Plan Outline
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. lndustry Analysis
lndustry Size, Growth Rate, and Sales projections
Nature of Participants
Key Success Factors
3. Company Description
Products and Services
Legal Status and Ownership
Key Partnerships (if any)
4. Market Analysis
Market Segmentation and Target Market Selection
Estimates of Annual Sales and Market Share
5. The Economics of the Business
Revenue Drivers and Profit Margins
Fixed and Variable Costs
Operating Leverage and lts implications
Break-Even Chart and Calculation
6. Marketing Plan
Overall Marketing Strategy
Product, Price, Promotions, and Distribution
, Sales Process (or Cycle)
7. Design and Development Plan
Development Status and Tasks
Challenges and Risks
Projected Development Costs
Proprietary lssues (Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights,
Licenses, Brand Names)
8. Operations Plan
General Approach to Operations
Facilities and Equipment
9. Management Team and Company Structure
Management Team (lncluding a Skills Profile)
Board of Directors
Board of Advisors
10. Overall Schedule
11. Financial Projections
Sources and Uses of Funds Statement
Pro Forma Income Statements
Pro Forma Balance Sheets
Pro Forma Cash Flows