Reflective Journal 3: Proposed Cultural Event
Due Week 5 and worth 40 points
Address these points:
- Identify the site that you plan to visit for Assignment 4: Impressions of Museum or Gallery Exhibit.
- Identify your goals of the visit.
- Explain your reasons for the selection. (If you select a virtual site, explain your reasons.)
**NOTE: THIS PROPOSED EVENT MUST RELATE TO THE COURSE MATERIAL!
Note: If a student is unable to attend a cultural event in person due to circumstances beyond the student’s control, then the instructor will recommend an alternate event/activity for the student to “attend” online. The “virtual” event/activity is usually only for students who, due to their physical location, cannot possibly attend an event/activity in person; typically, these students are stationed overseas or have no means of transportation. If you believe that you have a legitimate reason for attending a “virtual” activity, you must contact the instructor no later than Week 5 for your request to be considered.
Journals should be ¾ to 1 page or 2 to 3 developed paragraphs.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the value of visual art for an individual and society.
- Analyze the essential relationship between any work of art and the various kinds of influences on the artist and audience that shape the interpretation of the art.
- Classify key artists and styles in the visual arts from the Impressionist period to the present.
- Describe the relationship between individual artistic expression and the cultural, social, political, and historical forces which give rise to these expressions.
- Write clearly and concisely about modern art using proper writing mechanics