Assignment 2.1: Justification Report – Part 1
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Assignments 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, you will be building up a formal,
researched justification report (one part at a time) that culminates in a
recommendation to implement a particular product, service, or program
in your place of employment. This recommended product, service, or
program should resolve a problem that you identify in your workplace and
should be directed to your employer (even if you do not actually plan
to share it with your employer).
Use the basic outline below to
draft Assignment 2. Organize your responses to each question under the
following section headings:
- Problem Statement (for Question 1)
- Overview of Alternatives (for Question 2)
- Criteria (for Question 3)
- Methods (for Question 4)
Using the provided template, write Part 1 of a single-spaced report in which you:
- Discuss in detail a problem at work, persuading and convincing the reader that it needs fixing.
a detailed description of two (2) possible solutions (“alternatives”)
that could be implemented to resolve the problem identified in Question
- List and detail five (5) criteria that you will use to measure the worth of each alternative in Question 2. Note:
The alternative that satisfies the most criteria to the highest degree
will be the one you recommend later to your employer (in Assignment
2.3). Criteria are standards that the audience values and are therefore
used to measure the worth of each alternative (common examples include
cost, desirability, durability, efficiency, time it will take to
implement, and practicality).
- Describe in detail how you will conduct the research needed to determine the best alternative to recommend to your employer. Note:
This is a one to two (1-2) paragraph description of what research needs
to be completed in order to evaluate the alternatives. This is not a
detailed procedure for solving the problem.
Your assignment must:
typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the
date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the
required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Apply writing process strategies to develop formal business reports and / or proposals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to selected topics.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.