ASSIGN 1 ALL ASSIGNMENTS HAVE TO BE COMPLETED
“Adult Learning in Contemporary Society” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the fundamental impact of demographics and technology on contemporary adult learning overall. Speculate on the potential impact that either demographics or technology changes might exert in shaping the trajectory of adult education ten (10) years from now. Justify your response.
- examine Marshall McLuhan’s half-century- old perspective of technology’s role in influencing learning within the global village—a concept McLuhan had coined. Next, evaluate the relevance of McLuhan’s pronouncements in relation to technology’s fundamental role in adult education policies and practices within today’s global village.
“Learning Settings and Organizational Opportunities” Please respond to the following:
- Debate or critique the assertion made that technology-based informal learning is more style than substance. Indicate which of the experts participating in the video made the case that best supports your argument. Justify your response.
- Analyze key reasons why certain adults do not avail themselves of adult education opportunities. Propose two (2) strategies that your current or prospective post-secondary learning environment could leverage in order to encourage the participation in organizational learning overall. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Knowles’s Andragogy and Self-Directed Learning” Please respond to the following:
- Explore the salient points of Knowles’s theory of andragogy, and then defend or critique the basic assumptions that Knowles makes. Support your response with related examples of either the validity or the flaws inherent within Knowles’s theory.
- Select one (1) of the self-directed learning process models, and evaluate its potential utility within a particular learning environment of your choice. Examine two (2) techniques, tools, or resources that most closely align to the model and the context that you have evaluated. Justify your response.
“Transformational and Experiential Learning Theories in Action” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the fundamental tenets of one (1) transformational learning theory that resonates for you. Suggest salient activities and instructional strategies that instructors could employ that would promote related aspects of transformational learning. Speculate on the role of transformational learning in nurturing a positive relationship between the instructor and student relative to your chosen theory. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Assess the veracity of the criticisms of experiential learning overall. Next, counter one (1) criticism with one (1) corresponding method or strategy geared toward fostering the successful application of experiential learning within specific learning environments. Support your response with examples of the suggested method or strategy in use.
“Newer Approaches to Adult Learning ” Please respond to the following:
- Explain the fundamental role of embodied learning in modality preference. Next, suggest two (2) biologically rooted approaches that instructors may use in order to facilitate learning of one (1) particular task. Illustrate the process by which embodied learning would foster a deeper learning of the task in question.
Prepare a one (1) page journal entry in which you do the following:
- Examine one (1) adult learning theory or topic explored within the first five (5) weeks of the course.
- Recount one (1) instance in which one (1) real-life experience enabled you to make meaning of the concepts inherent in your chosen theory / topic.
- Suggest one (1) instructional strategy that would be best suited to fostering students’ understanding of your chosen theory / topic. Support your response with relevant examples of relevant, successful use of the suggested strategy.