Assignment1 – Article summary and critique
The assignment consists in writing a summary and brief critique for this article (The article is available through the Bell library, electronic databases):
Fulgoni, Gian M., and Andrew Lipsman (2015). “Digital Word of Mouth and its Offline Amplification.” Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 55, Issue 1, 18-21.
The assignment will comprise two parts:
- First, indicate briefly the research question or objective, and prepare a summary with major findings or key points (see the summary outline below).
- Then, complete a brief article critique (see the critique outline below).
Identify and list the inherent key points of the article. Each key point should be a statement of the specific idea you are conveying. You then go on to elaborate. Discuss each key point in some detail. (The expectation is you will include your own thoughts, not a rehash of the reading). Be sure to indicate how these points apply to Social Media Marketing and how you are going to use them.
- Does the title make clear the purpose of the study and variables of interest?
- Statement of the problem or research question
- Is the purpose of the study or research question clearly indicated? State the purpose and/or research question.
- Results or findings
- Are the connections between the results (key points) and related literature (theory) described? If so, how?
- Conclusions and implications
- Are the conclusions clearly presented? Briefly, state the conclusions.
- Are the conclusions and implications supported by the results or findings? If so, how?
- The minimum number of pages is 2 ½ and the maximum number is 3.
- No references are required for this assignment.
- Please use Times New Roman font, 12 pt.
- Be precise, concise and to the point.