Write a 5–6-page assessment in which you discuss the types of measures and assessments that fit into your research proposal.
Access the Mental Measurements Yearbook (see the Resources) or another appropriate resource, and review types of measures and assessments that are available and relevant to your research question.
Determine the types of measures and assessments that fit into your research proposal and write about them in a short paper. Your assessment should include the following:
- A measure selected for each variable under investigation. Please provide the name of the measure as well as the reliability and validity information. If you are writing a proposal for qualitative work, then discuss the constructs that will be assessed with the proposed measure
- A discussion of how the measure will be used—for example, as an assessment done once during the study.
- A discussion of the statistics and data analysis that you will conduct after collecting your data and the rationale for your selection. Be specific about the kind of data analysis you plan to use. Be sure to note why these data analysis procedures make sense with the research methodology you have proposed (for example, you would not use ANOVA with a qualitative grounded theory design).
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your assessment should be formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting.
- Length: A typical response will be 5–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.